Sunday, March 24, 2013

March calender

This one is waaaaaaay too green. I scanned this in before I tweaked the squares. I just got them too darned dark. And it took me forever to get enough gesso and white paint on them to make it good enough for writing.

You see, I was hoping that I would find a good white ink pen to use on the dark squares by the time I was ready to start journaling for March. Nope!  I keep trying new pens and they keep failing. They either have ink that isn't opaque (even though it SAYS it is on the package) or it doesn't flow evenly (either the ball point clogs up or the ink comes rushing out in a puddle on the page). So I just painted the squares white and I'll use a regular pen.

I even tried a white out pen. It hemorrhaged all over the page that I tried it on.

It does kind of bum me out because I had those squares pretty nicely painted before I cut the paper up to glue onto the page.

I used the cheap, but nice watercolor paper again. I had been playing with some Rit dyes that I had all mixed. I put some into a spray bottle and added some superfine PearlEx gold powder to the bottle. Shook it up to mix the powder into the liquid dye and sprayed it all over the watercolor paper. Voila!  It looks just like that shimmery stuff that you buy already mixed. I have about 15 different boxes of Rit dye and an impressive stockpile of PearlEx in jars. There was a closeout sale.....I got them for 50 cents a jar.  Yeah....I'm good. lol

Well....I've stayed up too late again so I'm off to dreamland. 

No comments: