Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Another snarky day

There are some times when I would really LOVE to say things out loud to people. Frankly speaking, my husband is the diplomat of the family.  The closest I get to diplomacy is asking someone if they really want the opinion they have just asked me for... because I WILL give it to them. 

I'm the type who really does prefer to sit alone in a corner with a book.  I think I get it from my mom. We both generally get along with people, but when asked for an opinion we usually tick somebody off.  Her dream of retirement was to get a cabin up in the mountains and sit on the porch with a shotgun and an old hound dog and shoot at anyone who came up the road. lol  I love that mental image. I'd probably be the one buying her ammo every week. rofl.

I made several stencils and masks from a font that I picked up some time ago. The font is just retro fashion silhouettes. One set is from the 1950's and 1960's and another is fashions from the 1940's.  I can't wait to use that one! 

I have a ton of copier transparencies. I just print the outline of the shape I want onto the transparency (the ink only needs to stay long enough to be cut out), then I cut along the outline very carefully and I get a stencil and a mask at the same time.

I also keep old gift cards and cut the edge with a pair of decorative edged scissors for spreading paint. 

So far so good with my goal of not buying any supplies for this journal. So far this project has been absolutely free.

Many of my acrylic paints are about 10 years old. Some of them are even getting a little lumpy. I don't mind. I just call that "extra texture".  They're leftovers from the days when I did set painting for some of the local community theater groups when I lived in Michigan years ago. I have a very wide range of some really odd colors. I can't wait to use them!

No comments: