Monday, July 8, 2013

More masking tape typing





 I have always loved The Moody Blues. My mom used to play their music on 8 tracks when I was little. I've always loved their music and it takes me back to my childhood whenever I listen to it.

I managed to get tickets to an outdoor concert of theirs back in 1986 and they put on quite a show. And there really is nothing like listening to Nights in White Satin under a clear sky full of stars. Or The Sunset when the sun is just about to set.  I think they must have played nearly every song they ever recorded that night.

I did the paint blots in bright colors and smooshed them one color layer at a time. Then some black stenciling and then the lyrics to "Lunch Break: Peak Hour" from Days of Future Passed typed onto strips of plain masking tape.  I'm really having some fun with this old Underwood.

No comments: