Friday, September 6, 2013

OK....where did summer go?

It's gone!  Last  night was a four quilt night! It's not supposed to be this cold yet! *sigh*

I didn't get very much done aside from the main calender page of my journal in August. Between doctor visits and trying to get things done around the house there wasn't as much art time as I was hoping there would be. But when your back goes out...again... you just have to do your best and move slowly so that it doesn't get worse. Yeah...I know....sometimes it already feels like it can't get worse. I figure that if I can still walk then I'm ahead of the game. Even if it is with a back brace and a cane. :)

Here's my calender page for September. I had a vision of falling leaves and as my yard is populated almost entirely with maples I decided to cut a stencil of small maple leaves. Then I got out my acrylic craft paints in all of the fall colors I have and started stenciling. I kind of like how it came out. This stencil is definitely a winner.

I'm envisioning a little guy there at the bottom playing around in a pile of maple leaves. I'll have to work on that one.

3 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is adorable. I can envision a child playing in those leaves, too.

Linda Kunsman said...

gorgeous vibrant and fun calendar page!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Fabulous page! Lucky you with maples in your garden - I bet the colours are amazing! Sorry you are so cold! Chrisx