Tuesday, April 2, 2013

It's April!

I have seedlings started in our little portable greenhouse. Tomatoes, spinach, a few herbs, sweet red peppers and....hold onto your hats....OKRA! I actually am trying okra this year. It's too cold here to grow okra but I have a spot that I think might be hot enough for these three plants to grow. I hope.

Hopefully the blogging will become a little more regular....I'm thinking about doing just once a week. I just haven't got the desire I once had to do the writing.  But for this year at least, I will keep up with my art journal.  The journaling itself is going along very well. I like taking the journal with me along with my pencil box when I know I'll be sitting around bored somewhere. That usually means karate class. You see....my darling daughter doesn't want me watching her in class because she gets self conscious when she knows I am watching. She's a perfectionist and doesn't want me to see stuff until she has it perfect. She used to do that when she was starting to talk. We had an audio/video baby monitor in her room when she was a baby. I would hear her practice words half the night while she laid there waiting to fall asleep. Then the next day she would be silent. She would watch and listen and then practice when she was alone. Baby monitors really need a record option. lol  Those videos would be priceless.

This month's calender page is the first one that I have painted the white squares for the days. I decided I didn't really like using squares of paper for the days so I made a template to more easily paint the squares in a straight row.

I had originally done April with  the idea for an Easter theme....I started it in February. Then when it was almost finished I discovered that Easter would be in March. darn.  Oh well, it's still pretty and looks very spring-like.

I think I still have lots of room for more doodles on this page.



2 comments:

Annie said...

Your April is perfect for Spring! I love the stenciled words in the vertical direction. Great job!

Liezbeth said...

Love the colors and the layers in your april page. Great job.